"Just doing my best to tread lightly on the Earth."

➳ My Bucket List.


First of all,
A bucket list is a number of things, experiences, accomplishments or goals that you would like to own, do or complete during your lifetime.

And you might be wondering,
(I definitely was)
Well I'm sure you have heard of the saying "Kick the bucket" (passes away). That's where the term Bucket list came from, a list of thing you want to do before you "Kick the bucket".

I decided I would share Ten things from my bucket list that I haven't yet completed and Five things that I have accomplished (so far in my 17 years of life).

I keep my 155 item long (not even joking) Bucket list in a journal, with a page separator in the middle where I write about completing each thing.


Go to a concert,
 I have had opportunities to tick this one off but I'm scared of wasting my money on someone who may not be great live.
Learn how to surf
I'm slightly afraid of the ocean, but at the same time I love it. (I'm probably more afraid of what's in the ocean)
Try Dragon fruit (Pitaya),
I literally have no idea what Pitaya tastes like but it looks so pretty and interesting (Seriously Google it) that I need to give it a go (would have already ticked that off if they didn't cost so much in Adelaide).
Get a tattoo
I turn 18 in October so maybe (emphasis on the maybe) this will happen early next year! (Just need to save the money and think of the perfect tattoo)
Go jetty jumping
Even though I'm pretty sure this is illegal here in Australia I have seen tons of people do it and I would really love to have a go (obviously after someone else goes first so I know its safe).
Donate blood
I really want to do this because there are so many people that need blood, and It doesn't cost me anything to give some of mine. I think its something everyone should do (if they can) at least once in their life.
Experience a sensory deprivation tank
I saw one if these on Tumblr and it is pretty much a bathtub that is heated to the exact temperature of your skin, is pitch black and completely soundproof. Therefore limiting your sense of touch, sound and sight.
Go on the swing at the end of the world
Hanging from a skinny branch of the overhanging tree in Baños Canton, Ecuador is The swing at the end of the world (just a thick stick suspended by two, hopefully strong, ropes). This swing arcs riders out over the void of the Canyon and has no harness, net or any other safety features.
Go to lake Hillier
Lake Hillier is a bubble gum pink in appearance lake about 600 meters long in Australia. (Who wouldn't want to go and see a lake that is bright pink!)
See the "underwater waterfall" in Mauritius
Picture yourself swimming out in the ocean and then suddenly you are being sucked down into a huge, tumbling underwater waterfall! Actually this "underwater waterfall" is just an illusion caused by local sand and silt deposits that flow through the area and fluctuate the colour of the water so that it appears like a waterfall heading down to who knows where. The ideal dream would be to go on a helicopter ride above to see this stunning illusion.

Swing at the end of the world, Lake Lake Hillier and the "Underwater Waterfall".
Click picture to enlarge!


Survive high school
Even though I didn't quite make it all the way to year 12 I still survived.
Have a loft bed
This has been something I have wanted for as long as I have had my own (fairly small) room. Eventually I managed to save $400 to purchase my dream loft bed from Ikea.
Have 100 subscribers on YouTube
This may seem like a small accomplishment to some who have well over 100 but this for me was freaking awesome! In December 2014 I reached 100 subscribers on my singing YouTube channel! (Click here to here me sing)
Start a blog
Well obviously I could cross this one off! I have had my blog for quite a while but never really "started" it until my first post in December last year! (check out my first ever post, really missing those summer beach days!)
Make a candle
The first candle I ever made was an attempt at a Christmas spice scented one (didn't work out all that well), Since then I have made two that worked out a little better.



My Journal is from Typo, I got it on sale for $5. "It says let's Fiesta like there's no Manyana. (Which I think means tomorrow in Spanish, however I think Typo may have spelt it wrong).

Comment down below letting me know what's on your Bucket list!

and let me know if any are the same as mine!

19 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, the underwater waterfall looks beautiful. I've never really thought about my bucket list to be honest hehe x

    A Little Peep Into My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! :) haha you should! Its awesome when you get to cross things off! x

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea for a post! I LOLed at 'survive high school'

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! haha that one was probably the hardest to get through! x

      Delete
  3. Wow what a lovely post!! Great list :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bucket lists, must do one of my own. Never heard of sensory deprivation tanks before, that sounds really cool.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yes you should! :) they are really weird, I think going in one would be a cool experience x

      Delete
  7. I wanna do them all <3

    Marina
    http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/2015/05/safari-glam.html
    http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The underwater waterfall looks incredible - wow! I definitely want to see more of the world whilst I can :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfull blog posting share my post Hiring professional Packers and Movers in BANGALORE on your own
    Packers and Movers Bangalore
    blog.Packers and Movers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete